Languages and Curriculum
Language Development Selections
At Crossing Borders International Preschool, we offer superior language immersion programs and classes that enable young students to develop into confident, responsible, and independent children. We do this by combining language immersion strategies with stimulating educational activities developed specifically for different age groups, including infants (18 months to 2 years), toddlers (2 and 3 years), and children (4 and 5 years).
You can choose to enroll your child in Spanish, English, Mandarin, French or Arabic. All of our languages are taught in an immersion style, where children are challenged with learning their new language through games, songs, and activities. Teachers at Crossing Borders International Preschool who teach children three years and up have their Bachelor’s degree and/or higher.
Crossing Borders Preschool in Houston delivers ideal instruction through our language immersion programs, including:
- Spanish — Spoken by nearly 560 million people, with more than 20 million students learning this dialect as a foreign language, Spanish is both unique and versatile. Spanish is also the official language of 22 countries worldwide. The United States is home to more than 45 million Spanish speakers, making this dialect a valuable choice at our immersion preschool.
- French — Taught to more than 100 million students and currently spoken by 220 million worldwide, French is taught in classrooms across every country. One-third of the English language is composed of French words, making this dialect a close relative to ours. With more than 20,000 words created annually, no other language is quite as dynamic as French!
- Arabic — More than 300 million people speak Arabic worldwide, which serves as the official language of 22 countries. Arabic has been around for a long time, and the dialect can change vastly from region to region. Our students love learning this language in an immersive environment!
- Mandarin — Mandarin Chinese is the dominant language in this language group, comprising nearly one billion native speakers. Those who speak Mandarin can communicate with nearly 15% of the globe, making this language a valuable skill in both personal and professional settings. Our language immersion programs strive to equip young students with a lifetime of passion for developing this dialect!
- English — With a new word being added to the dictionary every two hours, English is an evolving and dynamic language to master. Comprised of numerous origins, English speakers continue to refine the language over time. While this is not the official dialect of the United States (no language has ever been declared), it is very beneficial to learn the language for both domestic and foreign interactions!
Crossing Borders Language Development Academic Curriculum
The Crossing Borders International Preschool academic curriculum has been developed in-house over 13 years of teaching children languages and continues to evolve with new and exciting activities to enhance the learning experience.
Because children learn best when they are engaged, our curriculum is designed to help them participate in activities, sing along with traditional songs, and play games using their target language. Children are also taught age-appropriate reading and writing skills, math, art, and science.
As well as teaching a new language, our curriculum includes:
- Development of fine motor skills through exercises and games.
- Development of vital social and communication skills.
- Discovery of traditions and cultures from around the world through participation in activities that foster awareness and acceptance of other cultures.
- Testing and evaluation for children, ages 3 through 5 so parents can see results.
- A commitment to excellence with a full-time academic specialist involved in curriculum, lesson plans, and staff development.
Ready to Enroll Your Child?
Children ages 18 months through five years can begin to learn a new language through our immersion preschool, relying on proven instruction from dedicated teachers to foster a passion for learning. We love helping young learners thrive in this supportive environment, and will keep parents in the know with daily progress reports. If you’re looking for a secure preschool for your child, it can help to know that safety and security are our top priorities! We utilize on-site security from the Houston Police Department for complete peace of mind.
Click below to call or contact us online to take a tour of our school, or to get more information about our program!